location within central Scotland, adjacent to the Forth River, offering
a highly skilled workforce and internationally renowned industrial heritage.
Proven track record in delivery of
excellence with a focus to grow for future generations.
Longannet Task Force was formed in 2015 in response to the announcement that Longannet Power Station was to close. The Task Force’s role is to “bring together key partners to co-ordinate the development of a joint, multi-agency plan to mitigate the economic impacts of Longannet’s closure.”
The Upper Forth sub-region is the area immediately closest to Longannet Power Station. It extends to cover Stirling and north to Kinross, taking in Clackmannanshire, southwest Fife and areas within Perth & Kinross and Falkirk.
The Upper Forth is ideally located to support the regional and national importance of the chemicals, tourism, financial services, construction, food and drink, forest industries and life science industries located within Forth Valley to Scotland’s economy.
• Sawmill Fife (Devilla)
• Falkirk (M9 corridor businesses)
• Weir Group
• Scottish Power
• Police Scotland
Why Upper Forth?
• Premium Land available now
• Supply chain established
• Highly skilled workforce
• Accessible by road, rail and sea
• Bridgehead locations
• High Quality Utility and Digital Infrastructure
Connectivity and Location
Located 30 minutes from Edinburgh city centre, 15 minutes from Perth and 1hr from Glasgow, the area offers a strategic location within central Scotland
For more information please visit www.fifedirect.org.uk/fifetaskforces
In this section
- Major Fife Showcase at Royal Highland Show
- How Does Fife Benefit From The Edinburgh & South East Scotland City Region Deal?
- HMS Queen Elizabeth successfully completes work package at Babcock’s Rosyth facility
- Congratulations! twitter.com/thecourieruk… 4 days ago
- 18 Woodgate Way South, Glenrothes available now 1521 sq ft #andrewreillyassociates #fifemeansbusiness… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 4 days ago
- Greener Kirkcaldy is to receive £3,800 of support to buy four e-bikes thecourier.co.uk/fp/news… via @thecourieruk 4 days ago