Ensuring Fife is the best place to do business.
Fife Council has a fully merged Planning and Economic Development service and is committed to creating a flexible business infrastructure and responsive services for new and growing businesses, ensuring that Fife is the “best place to do business.” We are dedicated to creating good working relationships with key business investors, whether they are a new business or an established company in Fife.
A project management approach is adopted for the processing of all major applications and related consents, with a designated case officer as the single point of contact. An established Priority Applications team whose remit includes all major category applications aims to provide greater certainty for applicants in terms of the process and timescale for determining applications.
The Priority Applications Team was created in 2010 following the changes arising from the 2006 Planning Act that came into effect in 2009. Since adopting this approach the Council has seen a significant improvement in the number of Major and business investment applications meeting or exceeding the performance standards set by the Scottish Government.
“Diageo has made four major investments in Fife recently, with a value of almost half a billion pounds. The Planning service in Fife has helped make our investment plans a reality by ensuring that these complex applications are processed quickly and efficiently, with a shared understanding of the importance of our project deadlines."
Richard Bedford, Operations Director east, Diageo
"Pepsico is carrying out a significant programme of investment at its Cupar Quaker Oats site, and this has involved three major planning applications in as many years.
I've been impressed with the way in which the planning team at Fife has responded, making sure that consultees are chased up quickly to make sure that our business critical applications aren't delayed. Regular meetings on site have helped the project go smoothly, and this support has helped us significantly increase the capacity of the Cupar site in just three years."
Mark Allen, General Manager, Quaker Oats
- Invest in Fife November 2018 Newsletter
- CessCon Decom in discussions regarding establishment of New East Coast Decommissioning Facility
- Fife chosen by global train manufacturer, Talgo
- Workplace Innovation – Engaging your workforce Thursday, 21 March 2019 - 9:30am to 1:00pm @hub_fife… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 3 days ago
- Workplace Innovation – Applying flexible and productive practices Workshop @hub_fife - click here to book… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 3 days ago
- Workplace Innovation – Applying flexible and productive practices Tuesday, 15 January 2019 - 9:30am to 1:00pm… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 3 days ago