Levenmouth Community Energy Project
This highly innovative project, which is delivered by key partners Bright Green Hydrogen, Toshiba and Fife Council, has provided the perfect location for Toshiba to engage their technology with innovative green hydrogen applications.
It also demonstrates how we can use locally produced hydrogen to reduce both CO2 and toxic emissions, which is a vital part of meeting Scotland’s climate change targets. It is also hoped that the project will increase economic growth and reduce fuel poverty in the area.
The project showcases to other business parks a route to operating from a renewable microgrid and provides the opportunity for local businesses and community organisations to have access to zero emission vehicles.
- 910kW renewable generation
- 8 building parallel microgrid
- Toshiba H2EMS Smart Grid control
- 250kW electrolyser/100kW fuel cell ESS
- 3 hydrogen refuellers
- 17 vehicle fleet
Methil – Bright Green Hydrogen Ltd
Bankhead Central – Fife Council
- Two Mercedes Refuse Collection Vehicles
- Fife Transit Vans
- Ten Renault Kangoo Vans
- Zero carbon energy cycle
- Makes use of more renewable energy locally
- Electricity supplied for times there is no wind or solar
- Energy devolution from renewable electricity to renewable transport
- Hydrogen is a technologically viable way to decarbonise the energy system
- Further cost reductions and technology improvements are still required
- The Levenmouth project has several world leading hydrogen applications
- Hydrogen vehicles role in Scottish Government 2032 phase out target
In this section
- MCCORMACK INNOVATION ANNOUNCES ANTI-CORONAVIRUS PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- FBM UPDATE, ISSUE 4
- A Fife-based technical ceramics firm has rapidly produced key components to be used in the fight against Covid-19.
- Today @call_veri celebrates the 1st anniversary of their Kirkcaldy office. The company has gone from 40 employees w… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 day ago
- @McormackInfo, the Kirkcaldy-based, award-winning innovator, which has successfully developed a suite of dissolving… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 day ago in reply to McormackInfo
- Fife paper bag maker sees sales growth… thecourier.co.uk/fp/busi… via @thecourieruk 2 days ago