Fife: A Leading Tourism Destination
With its world-famous golf courses and the Royal Burgh of St Andrews, Fife attracts people from across the globe making it one of the few truly international destinations in Scotland.
Every year Fife welcomes almost 3 million visitors, who stay around 6 million days in the area and spend over £200 million in the area. Many of these visitors come to experience the attractions for which Fife is well known - including St Andrews, the home of golf, and the delightful fishing villages of the East Neuk. Regular visitors however, know Fife has so much more to offer, with a myriad of hidden gems to discover including fantastic restaurants using local fruit and seafood, an adventurous coastal path network and award-winning beaches. Fife also has over 50 visitor attractions, seventy sports and leisure facilities, 300 miles of cycle-ways and an annual programme of exciting events and festivals.
Fife is also perfectly placed for visitors wishing to travel further afield. The city of Edinburgh is located just to the south and a short drive to the north leads to Dundee, Perth, Aberdeen and the Highlands.
Fife is already home to some of Scotland’s top hotels and resorts including the renowned Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort and Spa and Fairmont St Andrews. We believe however, that there are a range of opportunities in Fife for new hotel developments. Those wishing to explore the potential of a new development in Fife are encouraged to contact the ‘Invest in Fife’ team who can provide a wide range of support including local knowledge and local planning guidance.
Please click below to see a copy of the St Andrews brochure along with a couple of sites currently available:
In this section
- Darnley’s Gin Toasts Homecoming as New Scottish Distillery Opens
- Newsletter: June Edition 2017
- Fife Council Welcomes Queensferry Crossing as Boost to Businesses
- @ConnectLocalSc "Out of the Kitchen into the Business" Workshop working in partnership with @PerthandKinross… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 56 minutes ago in reply to ConnectLocalSc
- @DarnleysGin @KingsbarnsDist TOASTS HOMECOMING AS NEW SCOTTISH DISTILLERY OPENS investinfife.co.uk/news/… #fifemeansbusiness 1 hour ago in reply to DarnleysGin
- Fantastic News #fifemeansbusiness twitter.com/MarthaBryce/… 2 hours ago