Food & drink
In the last six years, over £420 million has been invested in Fife from businesses operating in the food and drink sector, creating 1011 jobs.
Kingsbarns Distillery & Visitor Centre
Owned by the Wemyss Family and supported by a grant from the Food Processing, Marketing and Co-operation Scheme, The Kingsbarns Distillery and Visitor Centre is a £4 million development near St Andrews which will officially open later this year. Within sight of the world-famous Kingsbarns championship golf course, the distillery will produce a rare lowland single malt whisky. The Visitor Centre, including an exhibition, distillery tour, tasting, shop and café, is expected to attract 20,000 visitors a year.
Find out more as Director Douglas Clement talks about making his dream of creating a whisky distillery next to the home of golf a reality.
Fife is also home to Diageo’s Cameronbridge Distillery- Scotland’s biggest with capacity to produce spirit for 480 million bottles of Scotch whisky, gin and vodka annually.
Over the past six years, Diageo has invested £430 million in distilling, packaging and warehousing in Fife. This includes £200 million investment in Europe’s largest bonded warehouse (276,000 sq m) at Cluny, Kirkcaldy, as well as £5 million in luxury brands packaging at its Leven bottling plant.
Diageo was recently named Distiller of the Year 2014 by Whisky Magazine in recognition of the company’s investment in its Scotch whisky business.
Find out more about Diageo's investment in Fife in the video below:
Fife is home to other leading brands in the food & drink sector:
First produced in the USA in 1887, Quaker Oats became the very first registered trade mark for a breakfast cereal and has always been a popular choice with porridge fans. From its base in Fife, Quaker supplies porridge to the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The world's largest seafood company is set to open a major fish processing facility in Rosyth in early 2015.
From its facility in Rosyth, the comany will develop both fresh and smoked salmon products for supply to the UK as well as other European and export markets.
In this section
- Businesses Urged To Back Tay Cities Deal
- Disability Confident
- PENN-TRAFFORD SCHOOL DISTRICT SELECTS EXTERITY IP VIDEO AND DIGITAL SIGNAGE SOLUTION TO ENHANCE STUDENT DIGITAL LEARNING
- Enterprise Hub Fife designed to provide enterprising individuals&business start-ups with growth aspirations enterprisehubfife.co.uk/ 1 day ago
- International Payments workshop on the 15 June at the Enterprise Hub Fife to book - scottish-enterprise.com/… #fifemeansbusiness 2 days ago
- Our Barbara is talking today at the #CARES17 conference about #levenmouthproject @brightgreenH2 #fifemeansbusiness… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 3 days ago