Food & drink
Fife Food and Drink
You can download our Fife Food & Drink Brochure here!
- Fife is home to world leading global food and drink brands
- Food and Drink is highlighted as a growth sector for Fife and emerging priority
- Fife offers high quality locations - Ready supply of development land and property available now
- Fife is a cost effective location – exceptional value for land, buildings and labour
- Fife offers productive and highly skilled workforce
- Excellent transport links throughout the globe
- Government Grants available
(click to enlarge)
InchDairnie Distillery - An ingenious new whisky distillery based in Glenrothes
Ivan Wood & Sons - processor and distributors of quality of fresh fruit and vegetables
Marine Harvest is the biggest aquacultural company in the world; accounting for almost a quarter of the world’s total population of Atlantic farm salmon.
Marine Harvest is a vertically integrated business; owning the entire process from brood stock, farming process to the finished product. The advantage of this is sustainability, quality and full control. Marine Harvest provide fillets, smoked salmon and delicatessen products throughout the globe.
Marine Harvest believe Fife is a great location, allowing raw materials to be brought in from the North and West, then sent throughout the world. The Invest in Fife team have offered fantastic Support via recruitment, training and development of staff. The network the Invest in Fife team have access to enabled Marine Harvest to access the market place far quicker and with more efficiency.
Fife is also home to Diageo’s Cameronbridge Distillery- Scotland’s biggest with capacity to produce spirit for 480 million bottles of Scotch whisky, gin and vodka annually.
Over the past six years, Diageo has invested £430 million in distilling, packaging and warehousing in Fife. This includes £200 million investment in Europe’s largest bonded warehouse (276,000 sq m) at Cluny, Kirkcaldy, as well as £5 million in luxury brands packaging at its Leven bottling plant.
Diageo was recently named Distiller of the Year 2014 by Whisky Magazine in recognition of the company’s investment in its Scotch whisky business.
Find out more about Diageo's investment in Fife in the video below:
Carr’s Flour Hutchison’s is the leading Scottish independent flour miller supplying the highly competitive Scottish flour market with quality products for nearly 200 years. Hutchison’s flour mill was built on the site of Kirkcaldy in 1856 by Robert Hutchison. The site was purchased by Carr’s in 2004 who operate two other mills in Silloth in Cumbria and Maldon in Essex. The company mills over 100,000 tonnes of wheat a year at Kirkcaldy.
First produced in the USA in 1887, Quaker Oats became the very first registered trade mark for a breakfast cereal and has always been a popular choice with porridge fans. From its base in Fife, Quaker supplies porridge to the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
In this section
- MCCORMACK INNOVATION ANNOUNCES ANTI-CORONAVIRUS PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- FBM UPDATE, ISSUE 4
- A Fife-based technical ceramics firm has rapidly produced key components to be used in the fight against Covid-19.
- Today @call_veri celebrates the 1st anniversary of their Kirkcaldy office. The company has gone from 40 employees w… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 day ago
- @McormackInfo, the Kirkcaldy-based, award-winning innovator, which has successfully developed a suite of dissolving… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 day ago in reply to McormackInfo
- Fife paper bag maker sees sales growth… thecourier.co.uk/fp/busi… via @thecourieruk 2 days ago