Food & drink
Fife Food and Drink
- Fife is home to world leading global food and drink brands
- Food and Drink is highlighted as a growth sector for Fife and emerging priority
- Fife offers high quality locations - Ready supply of development land and property available now
- Fife is a cost effective location – exceptional value for land, buildings and labour
- Fife offers productive and highly skilled workforce
- Excellent transport links throughout the globe
- Government Grants available
(click to enlarge)
Marine Harvest is the biggest aquacultural company in the world; accounting for almost a quarter of the world’s total population of Atlantic farm salmon.
Marine Harvest is a vertically integrated business; owning the entire process from brood stock, farming process to the finished product. The advantage of this is sustainability, quality and full control. Marine Harvest provide fillets, smoked salmon and delicatessen products throughout the globe.
Marine Harvest believe Fife is a great location, allowing raw materials to be brought in from the North and West, then sent throughout the world. The Invest in Fife team have offered fantastic Support via recruitment, training and development of staff. The network the Invest in Fife team have access to enabled Marine Harvest to access the market place far quicker and with more efficiency.
Fife is also home to Diageo’s Cameronbridge Distillery- Scotland’s biggest with capacity to produce spirit for 480 million bottles of Scotch whisky, gin and vodka annually.
Over the past six years, Diageo has invested £430 million in distilling, packaging and warehousing in Fife. This includes £200 million investment in Europe’s largest bonded warehouse (276,000 sq m) at Cluny, Kirkcaldy, as well as £5 million in luxury brands packaging at its Leven bottling plant.
Diageo was recently named Distiller of the Year 2014 by Whisky Magazine in recognition of the company’s investment in its Scotch whisky business.
Find out more about Diageo's investment in Fife in the video below:
Carr’s Flour Hutchison’s is the leading Scottish independent flour miller supplying the highly competitive Scottish flour market with quality products for nearly 200 years. Hutchison’s flour mill was built on the site of Kirkcaldy in 1856 by Robert Hutchison. The site was purchased by Carr’s in 2004 who operate two other mills in Silloth in Cumbria and Maldon in Essex. The company mills over 100,000 tonnes of wheat a year at Kirkcaldy.
First produced in the USA in 1887, Quaker Oats became the very first registered trade mark for a breakfast cereal and has always been a popular choice with porridge fans. From its base in Fife, Quaker supplies porridge to the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
In this section
- TALGO FACTORY SHORTLIST ANNOUNCED:HUNTERSTON - LONGANNET POTENTIAL FOR 1,000 MANUFACTURING JOBS IN SCOTLAND
- 10th Annual SHFCA Conference 26/09/18
- Fife Wins Prestigious Title of ‘Most Enterprising Place in Britain’
- RT @thecourieruk: SPONSORED: Learn why Fife means business when it comes to delivering a world-leading investment destination…… twitter.com/i/web/status… 8 hours ago
- thecourier.co.uk/fp/busi… 5 days ago
- Update: Kingdom Avenue will be closed from Monday 15th October keep up to date here investinfife.co.uk/conte… #GEN 6 days ago