Food & drink
Fife Food and Drink Centre for Excellence
- Fife is home to world leading global food and drink brands
- Food and Drink is highlighted as a growth sector for Fife and emerging priority
- Fife offers high quality locations - Ready supply of development land and property available now
- Fife is a cost effective location – exceptional value for land, buildings and labour
- Fife offers productive and highly skilled workforce
- Excellent transport links throughout the globe
- Government Grants available – RSA, Food Processing Marketing & Co-operation Grant Scheme
Marine Harvest is the biggest aquacultural company in the world; accounting for almost a quarter of the world’s total population of Atlantic farm salmon.
Marine Harvest is a vertically integrated business; owning the entire process from brood stock, farming process to the finished product. The advantage of this is sustainability, quality and full control. Marine Harvest provide fillets, smoked salmon and delicatessen products throughout the globe.
Marine Harvest believe Fife is a great location, allowing raw materials to be brought in from the North and West, then sent throughout the world. The Invest in Fife team have offered fantastic Support via recruitment, training and development of staff. The network the Invest in Fife team have access to enabled Marine Harvest to access the market place far quicker and with more efficiency.
Fife is also home to Diageo’s Cameronbridge Distillery- Scotland’s biggest with capacity to produce spirit for 480 million bottles of Scotch whisky, gin and vodka annually.
Over the past six years, Diageo has invested £430 million in distilling, packaging and warehousing in Fife. This includes £200 million investment in Europe’s largest bonded warehouse (276,000 sq m) at Cluny, Kirkcaldy, as well as £5 million in luxury brands packaging at its Leven bottling plant.
Diageo was recently named Distiller of the Year 2014 by Whisky Magazine in recognition of the company’s investment in its Scotch whisky business.
Find out more about Diageo's investment in Fife in the video below:
First produced in the USA in 1887, Quaker Oats became the very first registered trade mark for a breakfast cereal and has always been a popular choice with porridge fans. From its base in Fife, Quaker supplies porridge to the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
In this section
- Businesses set to represent Fife at international offshore oil and gas expo
- Levenmouth Community Energy Project
- Site investigations for the proposed Glenrothes Energy Network
- Businesses set to represent Fife at international offshore oil and gas expo @SPE_OE #fifemeansbusiness investinfife.co.uk/news/… 5 hours ago
- @AVTLtd @SPE_OE #fifestand Engineering experts condition monitoring, structural monitoring,noise&vibration,lubrication, maintenance&training 8 hours ago in reply to AVTLtd
- Meet @UtilityROV #fifestand Subsea Operations business offering innovative ROV services-developed the UTROV system for multiple subsea tasks 2 days ago