Data Centres account for 1.5% of total worldwide electricity usage.
Fife is leading Scotland in low carbon developments and is an excellent fit for a state of the art Data Centre powered by renewable energy.
Being within the Edinburgh City Region, UK's second largest financial centre, provides low latency access to major Data Centre customers. When this is combined with lower cooling costs, high security and resilient connectivity, Fife is the Sustainable choice for a world class data centre to be located.
Nearly 12% of the overall data centre costs are energy-related; and energy costs are expected to rise by 15% or more in the next five years.
Investment in a Green energy Data Centre in Fife will provide lower cooling costs, security of energy supply, and carbon footprint reduction to mitigate any future carbon taxes.
Specific Site Locations
The International Data Centre Advisory Group of Jones Lang Lasalle undertook an assessment of Fife as a data centre location. They compared Fife with data centre locations across Europe. Fife ranks highly by having very good access to renewable energy sources. Download the full report.
Sites within the Queensway Industrial Estate offer potential access to RWE's new 50MW biomass plant. A Data Centre investment will have the ability to source power directly from RWE and also have twin grid access points.90% of the wood chips used by the plant are from construction timber waste with the remainder from a sustainable forestry contract.
Connectivity is provided by proximity to the main fibre core of BT and Virgin, with access to JANET (Joint Academic Network) also available for very high speed requirements.
The JLL report highlighted the Queensway Industrial Estate in Glenrothes as the prime location with a low risk profile and high protection from the threat of interruption or unplanned downtime.
Queensway Park Data Centre
Queensway Park Data Centre has gained planning permission to be located in Glenrothes, the brochure below highlights the future plans for the development.
In this section
- Invest in Fife April 2018 Newsletter
- Greenlight for Glenrothes Energy Network
- Fife sites shortlisted to support Heathrow expansion
- @investinfife and @ORECatapult are sponsoring the Offshore Innovation Zone at @AllEnergy 2018 on 2nd & 3rd May- sto… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 hours ago in reply to investinfife
- Fantastic progress at North Street #fifemeansbusiness 2 days ago
- Looking forward to @ScotRenew Low Carbon Heat Conference on 24th April. Learn about the Glenrothes Energy Network i… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 days ago