Energy Park Fife
An Ideal Location - Unique Facilities
A world leading facility on the East Coast of Scotland with a proven track record in delivering excellence in the Energy Sector
Energy Park Fife is a world leading engineering and research zone within the energy sector. It’s location on the east coast of Scotland gives companies easy access to the offshore energy market in the North Sea as well as global regions.
A joint venture between Scottish Enterprise and Fife Council, Energy Park Fife is capable of supporting the largest oil & gas renewables projects and encompasses a 55 ha engineering site, Methil Docks, Methil Docks Business Park and Low Carbon Investment Park.
It is ideally suited for a range of marine energy activities, in particular; manufacturing, fabrication and engineering, research & development and operations and maintenance.
- 55 ha engineering site developed under a joint venture between Scottish Enterprise and Fife Council
- 20 ha currently available
- 345m direct quayside access to North Sea
- Principal Occupiers: Burntisland Fabrications (BiFab); Samsung Heavy Industries
- 2 commercial port facilities operated by Forth Ports Ltd
- Excellent access to Scotland’s offshore oil and gas fields and the major offshore wind sites.
- Able to take vessels up to 3,000 dwt
Already home to:
- Fife Renewables Innovation Centre
- The Hydrogen Office
Supply Chain Zone
- 16.5 ha inland business park
Test and Demonstration Zone
- Largest Open Access Wind Turbine - owned and operated by ORE Catapult
Why Energy Park Fife?
- Regional Selective Assistance grants for job creation
- Over 150 engineering companies already based in Fife
- An experienced and competitively priced workforce
- Excellent access to North Sea and oil and gas and renewables developments
- Immediately adjacent to Methil Docks
- Further and higher education programmes for energy skills training
- ORE Catapult
- Burntisland Fabrications
- Duncan Engineering
- Glacier Energy – Professional Testing Services
- Hydrosphere UK Ltd
- Iain Todd Renewable Energy Consultancy
- Ferguson Transport and Shipping
Specialising in both the offshore oil and gas and renewables sectors, Burntisland Fabrications (BiFab) has established itself as a world leader in developing deepwater substructures for the offshore wind industry. Recent projects include manufacture of top sides and subsea jackets for Premier Oil and GDF projects in the North Sea and subsea jackets for RWE, Vattenfall and Beatrice Talisman offshore wind projects.
Location and Connectivity
Situated approximately 40 miles north of Edinburgh and 20 miles south of Dundee, Energy Park Fife is located on the Methil waterfront and is identified within the National Renewables Infrastructure Plan.
Accessing the Energy Park is easy with the A92 running through central Fife to connect with the north of Scotland and the M90 connecting Fife with Edinburgh.
Edinburgh airport is less than an hour by road. More than 40 airlines operate 300 flights a day from Edinburgh, including 40 to London.
Close proximity to both Markinch and Kirkcaldy stations, including several trains on the East Coast main line that links London with Aberdeen, as well as direct trains to Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Close proximity to Burntisland deep-water Port and Rosyth deep-water Port with scheduled roll-on roll-off freight sailings to Zeebrugge.
Due for completion in 2016, the new bridge across the Forth Estuary will increase capacity and reduce travel times between Fife and the south for commuters and business traffic alike.
Companies interested in visiting, investing in or operating from the Energy Park can be fully supported by the investment team from Scottish Enterprise and Fife Council.
Team Leader – Business Infrustructure
Lead Officer – Investment
03451 55 55 55 ext 492178
In this section
- Invest in Fife March Newsletter
- CONSTRUCTION IS UNDERWAY AT QUEENSWAY, GLENROTHES
- Glenrothes Heat takes an important step forward
- Learn more about Glenrothes District Heat Project next Wednesday at Rothes Halls 3.30-8pm investinfife.co.uk/news/… #fifemeansbusiness 1 day ago
- RT @CEPipeline: Champion sailor @deecaffari discusses her round-the-world voyages and how #solar #wind & #hydro can play a role onb… twitter.com/i/web/status… 1 day ago
- #fife stand are excited to welcome @KingsbarnsDist @EdenMill at this years @AllEnergy #whisky #gin #beer #tasting #fifemeansbusiness 1 day ago