SMRU Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the university of St Andrews and is closely associated with the Sea Mammal Research Unit (SMRU). SMRU Ltd and SMRU provide high quality services and advice to government and industry on marine environmental issues.
SMRU Ltd staff have extensive experience of conducting marine mammal research in a broad range of disciplines including acoustics, ecology and population dynamics.
Our work encompasses desk based studies, fieldwork design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation. Currently, much of the work undertaken by SMRU Ltd staff is to inform strategic environmental assessments, appropriate assessments and environmental impacts assessments.
Services and features
Marine mammal, cetacean, pinniped, envionmental impact assessment, survey design, noise assessment, acoustics, ecology, research, PAMBuoy
Facilities: Offices in St Andrews, Vancouver, Seattle, California and Malaysia
Processes: Applying cutting edge science to deliver practial commercial focussed solutions for our clielntsCurrently, much of the work undertaken by SMRU Ltd staff is to inform strategic environmental assessments, appropriate assessments and environmental impacts assessments.
People: High calibre, experieince scientific leaders
Technology: Employing latest scientific methodologies and cutting edge acoustic monitoring technologies
Special skills: Desk based studies, fieldwork design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation.
Industry: Achilles Utilities Vendor Database
- Consenting/ surveys
- Feasibility study
- Monitoring equipment
- Project management
In this section
- UTILITY ROV Secures Moray East Windfarm contract
- Briggs Marine Turnover Up 17%
- Invest in Fife November 2018 Newsletter
- We are looking forward to it @ScotRenew #fifemeansbusiness twitter.com/ScotRenew/st… 2 days ago
- GLENFIELD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, Cowdenbeath - AVAILABLE NOW • Sites from 0.195 hectares (0.48 acres) up to 0.47 hectar… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 4 days ago
- Lovely view of Fife coast in it usual blue skies and sunshine twitter.com/ishirlaw/sta… 4 days ago