SMRU Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the university of St Andrews and is closely associated with the Sea Mammal Research Unit (SMRU). SMRU Ltd and SMRU provide high quality services and advice to government and industry on marine environmental issues.
SMRU Ltd staff have extensive experience of conducting marine mammal research in a broad range of disciplines including acoustics, ecology and population dynamics.
Our work encompasses desk based studies, fieldwork design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation. Currently, much of the work undertaken by SMRU Ltd staff is to inform strategic environmental assessments, appropriate assessments and environmental impacts assessments.
Services and features
Marine mammal, cetacean, pinniped, envionmental impact assessment, survey design, noise assessment, acoustics, ecology, research, PAMBuoy
Facilities: Offices in St Andrews, Vancouver, Seattle, California and Malaysia
Processes: Applying cutting edge science to deliver practial commercial focussed solutions for our clielntsCurrently, much of the work undertaken by SMRU Ltd staff is to inform strategic environmental assessments, appropriate assessments and environmental impacts assessments.
People: High calibre, experieince scientific leaders
Technology: Employing latest scientific methodologies and cutting edge acoustic monitoring technologies
Special skills: Desk based studies, fieldwork design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation.
Industry: Achilles Utilities Vendor Database
- Consenting/ surveys
- Feasibility study
- Monitoring equipment
- Project management
In this section
- Living Wage Scotland Awards 2019
- Fife Hosts Major Scotland Fintech Festival Event
- CommScope Ministerial Visit
- Royal Navy Type 31 frigate order goes to Babcock bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla… @BBCNews @BBCScotlandNews 4 days ago
- Festival will promote Fife as a fintech hub thecourier.co.uk/fp/busi… @thecourieruk @courier_fife @FifeCouncil… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 4 days ago
- Festival will promote Fife as a world-leading fintech payments hub… thecourier.co.uk/fp/busi… via @thecourieruk 5 days ago