Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Catapult
ORE Catapult was established in 2013 by the UK Government and is one of a network of Catapults set up by Innovate UK in high growth industries. It is the UK’s flagship technology innovation and research centre for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy.
ORE Catapult delivers prioritised research underpinned by world-class test and demonstration facilities, collaborating with industry, academia and Government to reduce the cost of offshore renewable energy and create UK economic benefit.
The Catapult programme represents a £1.4bn funding commitment from the public and private sector over five years. Long term, the Catapult will be funded 1:1:1 by central government, the private sector and other sources of funding such as the EU and devolved Governments.
Services and features
ORE Catapult is the UK's flagship technology and innovation research centre, combining world-class research, development, demonstration and testing facilities with leadership, industrial reach and engineering expertise. We accelerate the design, deployment and commercialisation of renewable energy technology innovation.
Facilities: ORE Catapult’s current assets include:50m and 100m wind turbine blade test facilities;27m high wind turbine training tower;3MW capacity drive train test rig for tidal and wind turbines; 15MW offshore wind turbine drive train test facility; Levenmouth 7MW demonstration offshore wind turbine.
• Research & development
• Joint industry programmes
• Test & demonstration
• Bespoke services
• Innovation challenges
People: Multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers and project managers.
ISO 9001: Research, Development, Engineering, Testing, Calibration and Consultancy Services to the Renewable Energy Sector: ISO 9001: 2008
ISO 14001: Company-wide Environmental: ISO 14001: 2004
Company: Company-wide Health & Safety Management: OHSAS 18001: 2007
Industry: Structural Testing of Wind Turbine Blades: ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 Testing of Power Cables: ISO/IEC17025:2005 Testing of drivetrains: ISO/IEC17025:2005
In this section
- Fife Businesses showcased at Scotland’s Premier Royal Highland Show
- Major Fife Showcase at Royal Highland Show
- How Does Fife Benefit From The Edinburgh & South East Scotland City Region Deal?
- Fantastic Opportunity with our Town Centre Team - Project Manager (Town Centre Capital Grant Fund)… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 week ago
- The Forth & Tay Cluster partners are seeking to understand the areas capability to support the major developments o… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 week ago
- Such a lovely story. Great to see the @ORECatapult and @LevenmouthAc partnership really delivering...… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 weeks ago