SMRU Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the university of St Andrews and is closely associated with the Sea Mammal Research Unit (SMRU). SMRU Ltd and SMRU provide high quality services and advice to government and industry on marine environmental issues.
SMRU Ltd staff have extensive experience of conducting marine mammal research in a broad range of disciplines including acoustics, ecology and population dynamics.
Our work encompasses desk based studies, fieldwork design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation. Currently, much of the work undertaken by SMRU Ltd staff is to inform strategic environmental assessments, appropriate assessments and environmental impacts assessments.
Services and features
Marine mammal, cetacean, pinniped, envionmental impact assessment, survey design, noise assessment, acoustics, ecology, research, PAMBuoy
Facilities: Offices in St Andrews, Vancouver, Seattle, California and Malaysia
Processes: Applying cutting edge science to deliver practial commercial focussed solutions for our clielntsCurrently, much of the work undertaken by SMRU Ltd staff is to inform strategic environmental assessments, appropriate assessments and environmental impacts assessments.
People: High calibre, experieince scientific leaders
Technology: Employing latest scientific methodologies and cutting edge acoustic monitoring technologies
Special skills: Desk based studies, fieldwork design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation.
Industry: Achilles Utilities Vendor Database
- Consenting/ surveys
- Feasibility study
- Monitoring equipment
- Project management
In this section
- CRAFTING ITS LONG TERM FUTURE
- THE PURVIS GROUP CELEBRATES 40TH ANNIVERSARY WITH INVESTMENT
- Welcome to issue 6 of fbm Update
- Rise in sales for Fife engineering firm Trend Technologies… thecourier.co.uk/fp/busi… via @thecourieruk 1 day ago
- Fife Zoo owners heartbroken after fire breaks out six days after reopening… thecourier.co.uk/fp/news… via @thecourieruk 1 day ago
- Launching a new business takes a lot of thought and planning and, having got off to a great start in 2019, COVID-19… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 day ago