SMRU Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the university of St Andrews and is closely associated with the Sea Mammal Research Unit (SMRU). SMRU Ltd and SMRU provide high quality services and advice to government and industry on marine environmental issues.
SMRU Ltd staff have extensive experience of conducting marine mammal research in a broad range of disciplines including acoustics, ecology and population dynamics.
Our work encompasses desk based studies, fieldwork design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation. Currently, much of the work undertaken by SMRU Ltd staff is to inform strategic environmental assessments, appropriate assessments and environmental impacts assessments.
Services and features
Marine mammal, cetacean, pinniped, envionmental impact assessment, survey design, noise assessment, acoustics, ecology, research, PAMBuoy
Facilities: Offices in St Andrews, Vancouver, Seattle, California and Malaysia
Processes: Applying cutting edge science to deliver practial commercial focussed solutions for our clielntsCurrently, much of the work undertaken by SMRU Ltd staff is to inform strategic environmental assessments, appropriate assessments and environmental impacts assessments.
People: High calibre, experieince scientific leaders
Technology: Employing latest scientific methodologies and cutting edge acoustic monitoring technologies
Special skills: Desk based studies, fieldwork design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation.
Industry: Achilles Utilities Vendor Database
- Consenting/ surveys
- Feasibility study
- Monitoring equipment
- Project management
In this section
- Fife Council Wins Scottish Green Energy Award
- Construction of Neart na Gaoithe offshore wind farm project to go ahead following financial agreements
- Meet the Buyer Event with Babcock International Group
- BBC's Antiques Road Trip to reveal treasures of Tayside and Fife this week… thecourier.co.uk/fp/news… via @thecourieruk 15 hours ago
- BBC News - New UK housing 'dominated by roads' bbc.co.uk/news/science-e… 22 hours ago
- Fife fintech Paysend adds Japan and Korea to payments network and increases turnover insider.co.uk/news/scott…utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar 22 hours ago