Eco-Fish Consultants Ltd
Eco-Fish Consultants Ltd. was established in 2011 and is now a leading consultancy that provides a scientifically robust and fully integrated consultancy service for ecology & ornithology, hydrology, fisheries, and marine/offshore (inc. bio-acoustics).
With the main operational office in Scotland (Hamilton), as well as technical scientists/experts operating from various locations across the UK and Ireland (inc. Anglesey in Wales), they are fast becoming the consultancy of choice.
Eco-Fish Consultants Ltd. is fully registered, as a supplier on the Utilities Vendor Database (UVDB) (Ref. 087045), for the following products and services: Hydrology & Hydrogeology Consultancy, Scientific Consultancy, Environmental Impact Surveys, Harbour & Marine Consultancy, Fisheries Consultancy and Offshore Consultancy.
Services and features
Scientifically robust and fully integrated consultancy services for ecology & ornithology, hydrology, fisheries, and marine/offshore (inc. bio-acoustics).
Facilities: A main operational office located in central Scotland with employees available to work across a range of locations (including Fife).
People: A very strong team of professionally qualified ecologists, ornithologists, hydrologists, fisheries scientists, marine biologists/ecologists and bio-acousticians (many qualified to PhD level or with CEnv status).
Technology: In 2015, Eco-Fish Consultants Ltd. was voted as the Best Full-Spectrum Ecology Company in the UK (The Technology Innovator Awards – 2015).This was awarded due to Eco-Fish developing its own technology for a bio-acoustics project relating to marine mammal mitigation on a harbour project.
Forthwind Offshore Wind -
- Baseline marine wildlife monitoring surveys and data analysis, conducted over a 12-month period
- Accurately assessing distribution and abundance of seabird and marine mammal species at the site (ESAS and MMO)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) and possible future requirement for deployment of PAM technology and monitoring
Rampion Offshore Wind -
- Provision of MMO and PAM services together with acoustic sub-sea systems to monitor, mitigate and minimise the impact on marine mammals while conducting piling operations
- Advice given to crew on agreed mitigation protocols to ensure compliance
- Continuous 24-hour watch system was put in place
Oil and gas
Dunlin Platform (decommissioning) -
- Provision of Client Rep services on the Dunlin Platform
- Client and Project Team Meetings, Supervising Offshore Environmental / Habitat / Visual (ROV) Baseline Surveys, Maintaining and Register of Survey Effort and Samples and Preparing Client Reports
CHP Plant Tullis Russel, Markinch -
- Provision river/fisheries habitat walkover survey (inc. determination of Fish Utilisation Potential (FUP) and Fisheries Habitat Quality (FHQ)
- Monitoring aquatic invertebrates (kick sampling and lab analysis) ands fish fauna (electrofishing techniques)
- Measured water quality within the River Leven
- All in support of the construction of a combined heat and power plant
Nigg South Quayside -
- Provision of MMO and PAM services
- Development of marine mammal conservation plans and protocols
- Ensuring compliance with plans, licenses, and planning conditions
- Wildlife monitoring (Wintering and Breeding Birds, Cetaceans/Seals, Migratory/Marine Fish
- EcIA and Mitigation and HRA (Cromarty Firth SPA and Moray Firth SAC)
Achilles - 4.6.10 Hydrology & Hydrogeology Consultancy 4.6.17 Scientific Consultancy 4.6.23 Environmental Impact Surveys 4.6.32 Harbour & Marine Consultancy 4.6.37 Fisheries Consultancy 4.6.51 Offshore Consultancy
- Civil works
- Feasibility study
- Monitoring equipment
About this supplier
Eco-Fish Consultants Ltd
- Offshore wind
- Oil and gas
- Onshore wind
- Solar and PV
- Wave and tidal
Typical project values
- Less than £100k
In this section
- COVID-19 Guidance for construction industry
- Fife space technology firm re-allocates personnel joins in coronavirus fight
- New support for creative sector during COVID-19 outbreak
- Babcock International Group to make 10,000 ventilators to help deal with the coronavirus crisis. @FifeCouncil… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 hours ago
- RT @IngledewStephen: In challenging times, very uplifting to see #fintech community+friends pull together @ScottishCEO @SFEGraemeJones… twitter.com/i/web/status… 5 hours ago
- The Scottish Government has released Guidance for Construction Industry during #covid-19 outbreak. Follow the link… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 5 hours ago